How-To: Get a replacement of a lost/damaged TIN card

So technically I never got my TIN card in the first place, was too lazy to go to the BIR office and ask about how to get one. On my previous post on How-To: Change BIR RDO address, I mentioned that I got my TIN online and that my RDO was in Marikina. When that got completed, I went back and submitted the requirements on how to change my S status to S1 (which I’ll probably make another post someday) and finally had the time to just get a TIN card.

So I told the BIR employee about my story of how I got my TIN online and I never really got my card since I got my TIN. Apparently, wherever you got your TIN is also where you should get your TIN card. I was like uh-okay, what do I do now coz I’d be crazy if I’d go to Marikina just to get piece of paper right? She told me I had to go through the request of getting a replacement of a lost TIN card even though I never really got my TIN card in the first place.

So here’s how you get a replacement for a lost TIN card;

1. Go to the your local BIR Revenue District Office (click here to get the address). Ask for a Form 1905 – Application for Registration Information Update (which you can also download here) and fill it out (you should fill out section 4B – Replacement of Lost/Damaged TIN card).

2. If you really lost your TIN card, you’re required to present an Affidavit of Loss (duly notarized of course). However for my case, I didn’t need any coz I never really got mine.

3. You have to pay P100 for the replacement fee plus 1 documentary stamp P15 at their cashier.

4. Submit the receipt with the documentary stamp to the BIR employee and then wait for her to release your new TIN card (which took her about 10-15 minutes).

Just get a 1×1 decent photo of yourself, have it laminated and voila, you now have 1 valid ID!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s