Welcome to getting your NBI clearance in the digital age! At least kahit papano, dun papunta ang Philippines di ba? So if before you have to fall in line bringing your requirements at the NBI office, it’s a bit different now. By the way, what does one need an NBI clearance ba? So for me, I need it as a requirement for a visa but you can also use the clearance for other purposes like a requirement for your passport or you can use it as a replacement of a valid government ID and most of the companies will require that you get one before they actually hire you.
Anyways, so how do we get NBI clearance nowadays?
- Visit the NBI Clearance – https://clearance.nbi.gov.ph/. Create an account or sign-in if you have an existing one. If you have an expired NBI clearance (issued in 2014-2018), you can also input your old NBI clearance number during the registration.
- Then fill-out the necessary information. If you have an existing account, feel free to edit and update if needed. Kasi ako, I needed to update my weight.
- Once done, click “APPLY FOR CLEARANCE”.
- You’ll be prompted what kind of ID will you present. Please note that these are the acceptable IDs:
- Voter’s ID
- SSS ID
- PRC License
- Postal ID
- Driver’s License
- GSIS UMID
- School ID
- Alien Certificate of Registration
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) ID
- NSO Authenticated Birth Certificate
- Senior Citizen Card
- Copy of Previous NBI Clearance
- You’ll be prompted to choose which branch and then you’ll see a calendar with how many slots are open for each day.
- Then you’ll be prompted to choose which payment method you’d like. Once you choose the payment method, your reference number will pop-up. You can pay online or thru bayad centers. It’s P155.00 only.
- Once paid, you can go to the branch on the date you selected. You don’t have to bring anything but the reference number.
So that’s it! Pretty easy as long as your name is not a “hit” then you’ll have to go back after several days. Have fun and good luck!