2 tsp instant yeast
2/3 cups water
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
2 tsp salt
3 large eggs
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup unsalted butter
Topping per piece
Unsalted butter, creamed
Grated cheddar cheese
Pre-heat over to 325F.
1. Dissolve yeast in 1/3 part of water. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl with dough hook or flat beater attachment, place the sifted all purpose flour, sugar and salt. Mix at low speed until incorporated.
3. Add the dissolved yeast, remaining water, eggs and evaporated milk. Mix for 2 minutes at low speed then mix at medium speed for approximately 4 minutes.
4. Add unsalted butter and conitnue mixing until gluten is slighty developed.
5. Transfer the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic.
6. Let the dough rest for about 15 minutes at room temperature.
7. Punch down the dough and divide it into pieces weighing 60 grams each.
8. Let the dough for 15 minutes then cover with plastic sheet to avoid from drying.
9. Roll out the piece thinly inyo 8″x5″ rectangles. Brush surface with butter.
10. Roll into a long rod and twirl into shape, locking ends to seal.
11. Place each piece in a greased ensaymada molder.
12. Let the dough rise until it doubles in size. (Approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes at room temperature.)
13. Bake for 17 minutes or until golder in color.
14. Let the bread cool then remove it from molder.
15. Bursh the top of each ensaymada with creamed butter and sprinkle with grated cheese and sugar.
Note: Ingredients may be mixed by hand. Be sure that all ingredients are incorporated well and gluten must be developed.