Another Filipino favorite is Tortang Giniling or Ground Meat Omelet. Basically, it’s ground meat (can be pork or beef) sautéed with vegetables mixed directly with beaten eggs. Usually served during breakfast along with garlic fried rice, it’s very easy to prepare and the ingredients are readily available.
Here’s how I do it:
Tortang Giniling Recipe
- 1/2 lb ground beef, pork, or chicken
- 3 pieces raw eggs
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat a frying pan or wok and pour-in the cooking oil
- When the oil is hot enough, sauté the onion, and tomatoes
- Add the ground meat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper then stir to distribute. Put-in the potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs then pour over the ground meat then use a spatula to distribute the meat and eggs evenly.
- Cook each side for 3 minutes or until you see that the eggs are fully cooked. Avoid over cooking the eggs.
- Turn off the heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve with ketchup.
Share and enjoy!
Note: Video is courtesy of Panlasang Pinoy