- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 300 g flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 12 tsp your favourite jam (I used chocolate)
- Heat up steamer. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar on high speed, until doubled in size, light and fluffy.
- Add milk, and fold in flour and baking powder, until combined.
- Divide the batter in two, and colour them as you like (As I wanted to avoid using artificial colouring, I added 3 tbs of cocoa.
- Put the white batter and the pink batter in two piping bags. Put cupcake liners in glass/ foil/silicone moulds or small bowls ( make sure these are heatproof and won’t crack) so that the cupcake liners will not wet when cooked.
- Press some batter onto the cupcake liners (about 1/3 capacity). Put 1 tsp chocolate filling, and cover with more batter (until 3/4 capacity). Finally, dot with a different color batter.
- Make sure water is boiling, and steam over medium low heat for 10-15 minutes
- Let them cool on a wire rack.